Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Big Day


Wednesday is finally here, and it is time for Carly to get this tumor out. We are walking up to the hospital now for our 6:30 check in. We expect that Carly will go under anesthesia around 7:30 and at 8:30 they will begin the surgery. The surgery could take eight hours or more so it will be a long day of pacing around UCSF. Fortunately they will phone us every hour or two with updates on Carly's progress and we will have family and friends with us to help pass the time. I will try to post updates to this blog from my phone as they come today as long as technolgy doesn't fail me.

Christa, Carly and I wanted to thank everyone again for all of the good wishes, positive energy and prayers that we have received over the last two and a half weeks. It really has been an increabile help during this time to have your support and love.

Love, Brad

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of good thoughts on your big day.

Ndume sent this message, he said you'll know what it means...Purr#, kiss#, swipe feet, love pats and a big gorilla grin.

Koko sends lots of Purrs# too.

Anonymous said...

we will be praying for Carly, sending love, good energy and visualizing the best possible outcome all day today. My grandmother has a candle lit to her saint ("San Pancracio") for her at my parents home...it is my family's way of sending their love and prayers, as well. We are all thinking about you and sending our love from across the country.
-- Sheila

Melissa said...

I'm just a stranger who happened upon your blog this morning, but wanted to leave a comment letting you know that you and your family are in my prayers. I hope things go well for your precious daughter.

Anonymous said...

Keeping all of you in my thoughts today.

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of positive thoughts today. Thank you for keeping us posted. Dennis & Kathy

Catherine said...

Thinking of you all today and sending Carly lots of love and good thoughts! Love, Catherine

Anonymous said...

We are sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers to you guys today, especially to sweet Carly. Thanks for the updates.

Jen and Tim Stull