Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thankful For Moms Everyday

Reflecting on the moms in my life today, I realize just how lucky Carly and I are. My mom has been an amazing help over the last eight months. For both of Carly's major surgeries she put the rest of her life on hold and moved to San Francisco for a month each time. As Christa and I spent weeks on end at the hospital she delivered home cooked meals and anything else that we may have needed. Christa's mom has helped us out so many times I have lost count. She lives about 30 miles away and has watched Carly anytime that Christa and I need some time to ourselves or with our friends. (Not to mention the countless trips to the hospital for support or to deliver hypoallergenic diapers for Carly.) We are blessed to have both of these wonderful women watching over us.

I feel particularly blessed to have the most amazing woman as my wife and Carly's mom. I have to admit that when we were dating and I decided to ask Christa to marry me, the type of mom she would be was something that never crossed my mind. (Kids were not on my mind then.) Well, I won the mom lottery. Over the last eight months Christa has had to deal with more than any mom should, and she has dealt with it with so much strength. She has put her professional life on hold to care for Carly and she manages to do it all with a smile. Her love and patience are endless and they are guiding Carly on her path to recovery. Carly and I couldn't be any luckier.

Love, Brad

5 comments:

Marybeth said...

Happy Mother's Day Christa! I hope that you had a great day & got to do something nice just for you! You are an amazing Mom & it is so nice to see Brad's kind and grateful words to you here. Thinking about you all & Carly & sending love & healing thoughts always!

Mindy said...

And breathe out...
Oh, how heartwarming. You are both truly lucky and blessed to have the love and support you do of everyone and especially your Moms. It's apparent (through the two of you) that they both did a fantastic job. I solute them. And Christa, you are an inspiring force, you always have been. And Brad, you are so fortunate (as Christa is) and kind and appreciative. I'm sure there could be no better Mother's Day gift for the three moms in your life than this post.
Love to you both as always!

Anonymous said...

The moms in your life are truly lucky to have your love and support as well. I agree, there is probably no better present than knowing how much they're appreciated through your touching words.

karen said...

*sigh*
That me smile. In these challenging times, you are able to stand back and count your blessings, and focus on the GOOD things in life. And that is what makes you both such special people. I am full of admiration and love for you both..and your incredible families. What an amazing bunch!
XOXO

SAHM said...

What a beautiful tribute to the beautiful women in your life. I think they are pretty blessed to have you as well since you have figured out how important they are! Happy belated Mother's Day to them all!